Central Projects Design (HVAC) Lead
Smart Joules’ Central Design Engineer is responsible for leading the Central Design team to identify, assess, select and formulate ECMs that can deliver min 20-25% savings at each JoulePAYS client site. The work includes maintaining an ECM Book for each site, designing ECM Notes, Design Qualifications, Techno-Commercial comparisons and Monthly Savings Projections for each selected ECM, and continuously identifying, assessing and innovating new ways of saving energy.
Central Design Lead (Manager/Snr Manager) will report to the Head Central Design & Projects.
Will have 4-5 members reporting into this role.
- Passes JouleFit (Core Values assessment).
- 10+ years of experience covering a mix of energy auditing, project design, energy management, project planning and project execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Mechanical Engineering / Energy Engineering / Electrical Engineering.
- Extremely strong in mass balance and energy balance.
- BEE Certified Energy Auditor/ Energy Manager.
- Strong knowledge and experience with design and execution of central air conditioning systems, including working experience with building energy management systems.
- Strong computer skills (Web Search, Email, Word, Excel, Power Point). Knowledge of energy modeling software would be an advantage.
- Communication: Must speak English and Hindi. Must be able to make effective presentations to a variety of audience.
- Knowledgeable about products, services, companies and people eliminating energy waste in India.
- Knowledgeable about leading quality standards (ISO, ISHRAE, BEE) and certifications (LEED, NABH).
- Innovation: To identify, assess and innovate new ways of saving energy, or of increasing efficiency in delivery (cost, time, manpower, etc.) of existing Smart Joules ECMs.
- Relationship Management:
- SJPL Team:
- Support the Business Development team in assessing new opportunities.
- Guide the work of Field Engineering team to complete data collection for analysis of ECMs.
- Deliver a comprehensive design with complete documentation to Project Execution team to maximize energy savings / rupee invested. Lead final vendor negotiations, involving Project Execution, Procurement and Top Management as necessary. Coordinate for approval of ECM Notes and for post-implementation savings verification of ECMs.
- Share timely and comprehensive information with BMS Design and Commissioning team to allow for configuration of all sites on DeJoule.
- Collaborate with Analytics & Automation and Operations teams to help maximize operational savings, and assess ECM performance against Monthly Savings Projections.
- Share knowledge, documentation and contacts with Central Services and Operations teams as needed.
- Providing meaningful opportunities for members from all SJPL teams to interact with the design team for empathy building and collective learning.
- Vendors and Subcontractors: Maintaining good relationships with high quality, reliable and cost-effective vendors and contractors with adequate redundancy.
- Clients: Maintain good relationship with the client team/representative.
- SJPL Team:
- Energy Audit:
- Provide strategic and tactical direction, methods, formats and training to Field Engineering team to collect the required data to analyze all ECMs as quickly, accurately and efficiently as possible.
- Centrally maintain all energy auditing data in standard formats.
- Centrally manage procurement, distribution, smooth handling, calibration and maintenance of auditing tools/measuring instruments required by Smart Joules.
- ECM Design:
- Develop and maintain an ECM Book for each client site summarizing the techno-commercial potential and go/no-go decision with respect to each of Smart Joules’ standard ECMs based on collected data, as well as new ECMs based on particular site observations.
- Finalize ECMs delivering minimum 20% energy savings and maximum 20- month SJPL payback period for every site, including preparation of techno- commercial comparison for major selected equipment (i.e. Chiller, HVAC Pumps, Cooling Towers, 2-way valves, VFDs etc.), vendor negotiations, etc.
- Prepare ECM Notes, Design Qualifications and Monthly Saving Projections for each of the finalized ECMs.
- JouleWEEK: Prepare and share a comprehensive weekly report of the Central Design team with all SJPL team mates.
- Own the following: Energy Audit Data, ECM Book, ECM Notes, Design Qualifications, Monthly Savings Projections.
- Regularly document and share best practices and success stories from all sites with all teams in Smart Joules.
- Keep the Central Documentation folder updated site-wise with all relevant information.
- Discuss and review design intent logic with the BMS Design and Commissioning Team to finalize the scope of DeJoule deployment for all sites.
- Share ECM Notes, Design Qualifications, Monthly Savings Projections and equipment technical data sheet with BMS Design and Commissioning Team to allow for comprehensive and timely configuration of DeJoule.
- Work closely with Analytics & Automation team to develop new Joule Recipes for continuous energy optimization.
- Leadership: Reinforce the Company’s Mission, Vision and Core Values and ensure adherence to company policies throughout the Central Design team. Leadership responsibilities include:
- Contribute towards improving the company’s culture and policies, and to overall company planning in line with our Mission and Vision.
- Making monthly and weekly work plans for all members of the Central Design team, and managing their day-to-day work activities.
- Coordinate with the HR department for recruitment, induction, training, performance assessment and celebration of Smart Joules team members, as needed.
- Represent Smart Joules at various industry events
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.