Our Mission: To eliminate energy waste.
Our Vision: To prevent 29 million tons of CO2eq emissions before 2030 by making energy saving simple, substantial and profitable for large buildings and factories.
Our Core Values: Empower Each Team Member with a Sense of Ownership, Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit, Get Shit Done, Maintain a High Level of Transparency and Honesty, Be Passionate, Determined and Bold, Pursue Growth and Learning, Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-minded. Details here
Our Business Offerings:
JoulePAYS (Pay as you save): Guaranteed savings on utility energy consumption for large existing facilities through design, execution and management of profitable energy conservation measures. Smart Joules invests in all the upgrades and charges clients a share of the savings under long term contracts.
JouleCOOL: Comprehensive on-site utility business model applicable to new facilities, where Smart Joules offers cooling “as a service” by designing, building, owning, operating and maintaining the entire cooling infrastructure in return for monthly payments based on demand and usage.
JouleONE: Data-driven power quality optimization solutions for commercial and industrial customers in partnership with large electric utility companies.
DeJoule: IOT automation technology enabling data-driven continuous performance optimization and client delight. It continuously identifies and corrects for hidden inefficiencies in dynamic energy systems such as air conditioning and compressed air. It 1) collects data in real time from sensors and other many sources, 2) analyses real time and historical data using heuristic and machine learning algorithms to find hidden energy inefficiencies and optimum set points, and 3) continuously adjusts (controls) set points of various equipment to minimize energy use.
Role Vision and Responsibilities:
You will lead a team of high performing developers to ensure quality assurance, testing, production, and research and development of new and existing best in class products.
- To design, implement and refine the product development, testing and processing
- Provide top quality leadership and hold ultimate accountability for all scrum teams within product development – hardware, IOT software, Dev Ops, System Intelligence, System Reliability, Security, Front-end, UI/UX and Technical Support
- Build a vibrant, motivated and driven Product Development Team that is able to execute and perform at the highest levels. To manage the sub teams and assign tasks to them to deliver on the organizational priorities. Be hands-on, involved in writing code as much as leading the teams.
- To partner with the Chief Product Officer to understand the product vision, product features to be developed and then create the implementation roadmap for the product development team.
- To look after project logistics, resource allocation, researching and proposing capital investments. To assist in creating and overseeing project budgets and engaging in cost management strategies
- To collaborate with various cross functional team leaders and departments
- To ensure that the product meets quality and safety compliance guidelines
- To maintain knowledge of new trends, developments, technologies, materials, and best practices and applying this knowledge to continually improve products and their efficiencies
- Build visibility for Smart Joules’ technology leadership by participating in selected high-impact discussions and conferences, and through blogs and white papers.
Starting Location: Delhi
The Right Candidate Has:
- Hunger to make a positive contribution to the planet
- Courage to roll with the punches and keep going at it
- Optimism rubbing off on others in the organization
- Results Driven– Demonstrated ability to bring a product to mass-deployment.
- Aggression to think big, move fast and make things happen. Have a strong can-do attitude, and still have the ability to say “no” by articulating trade-offs and road map priorities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and interpersonal skills to manage teams
- Pays major attention to minor details
- Can do attitude– get shit done and ensure deliverables within timelines and required quality
- Tenacity, reliability, perseverance, pursuit of quality. Be able to prioritize their own work, and focus on executing a particular task/project to completion under the pressure
- Qualifications and skills:
- B.Tech. in any field of Engineering, preferably in CS
- 7+ years of progressive technology experience as an engineer, project manager and a team leader in cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Start-up or start-up-like experience is essential, you must be comfortable working in small, agile teams where responsibilities are broad.
- Ability to lead the team, develop, design, guide key technical modules, participate in the bottom frame and core code writing, and be responsible for the security and stability of the system
- Great analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in presenting technical solutions to the non-technical management personnel and other stakeholders
- Specific Technical Mastery required in System Design and Architecture, AWS, Database Administration (Big Data), Data Structuring and Algorithms.
- You will report to Chief Technology Officer
- Grow as the CTO of the organization in the next 12-18 months.
About Smart Joules:
- 35% reduction on total energy consumption across all our clients till date, equivalent to the annual consmption of more than 6 Lakh avg. Indian households
- 86,000 metric tons of annual CO2-eq. emissions reduction from existing projects
- Saved more than INR 103 Crore worth of energy for our clients
Teams: 125+ people across Product Development, Design, Projects, Operations & Maintenance, Analytics, Automation lead by an MIT + UC Berkeley Alum, a Navy Veteran, a financial whizard, a product leader and people’s champion
Clients: Apollo, Fortis, CARE, KIMS, Aster, Amneal, LMW other leading companies
Geographical Presence: 25+ cities throughout India & 1 international partnership in Indonesia
Financial Supporters: Asian Development Bank, TATA Capital, Sangam Ventures, Max Industries, Intelleventures, Mr. Saket Burman (Dabur Family), Mr. Nadir Godrej and 5 angel investors
Major Recognitions: Champion of Change recognition from the Prime Minister’s Office & Niti Aayog, 10+ National Awards from Ministry of Power & CII, International Award from German Energy Ministry, Multiple international grants and fellowships, 35+ media coverages
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.