Head of Operations
You will lead Smart Joules’ team of Energy Managers located at our project sites throughout India to ensure continuous optimization of energy consumption and top-class maintenance of physical assets, while delivering a delightful customer experience.
- Leadership: Lead Smart Joules’ maintenance team with passion, intelligence and integrity. Ensure Smart Joules’ Core Values are upheld and that all Company Policies are adhered to in letter and in spirit.
- Maintenance: Ensure adherence to Smart Joules’ Standard Operating, Maintenance and Branding Protocols across all sites. Periodically review and improve these procedures in coordination with energy managers, site energy engineers and Smart Joules’ COO. Manage warranties, AMCs, spares and inventories for each of our equipment at each site. Coordinate with vendors and service providers for repairs, replacements, etc. needed on sites.
- Training: Design and deliver training sessions to Smart Joules’ Energy Managers, Site Energy Engineer and to client engineering, operations and maintenance staff on energy saving and maintenance practices, including DeJoule use.
- Client Relations: Call each client at-least once per month as a regular practice to ensure Smart Joules discovers all client needs and desires and gives a timely and appropriate response.
- Invoicing: Ensure site energy engineers keep track of all additions, subtractions and other changes at our client sites that impact energy consumption patterns. Deliver all necessary information every month (energy bills and consumption details, Adjustments notes, photos, work details, etc.) in a timely manner to Smart Joules’ finance department and submits hard copies to clients on time without fail.
- Track and Increasing Energy Savings: Ensure detailed daily, weekly and monthly monitoring of energy consumption at client sites with the goal of having a pulse of each building’s energy consumption patterns and key causes of fluctuations; Conduct quarterly sustainability surveys to verify performance of executed energy efficiency measures and to imagine, design and implement new energy saving measures at existing client locations to increase Smart Joules’ earnings per location.
- Reporting: Ensure high quality reporting from the maintenance department, including daily energy savings report, weekly maintenance and savings reports and monthly reports to be shared with clients and for internal discussion and analysis purposes.
- DeJoule™: Ensure proper utilization of DeJoule from site energy engineers, including maintenance mode features so that all maintenance information is up-to-date on the system. Collaborate with DeJoule Use Team as necessary in the efficient operation of our HVAC assets at our client sites.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- You must be willing to travel anywhere in India for up to two weeks without any issues.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a recognized institute.
- Minimum 15 years of overall experience, which should include maintenance of commercial buildings. Additionally, experience with design and execution of central air conditioning projects will place the candidate at a significant advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a maintenance or service lead, simultaneously managing facilities (preferably hospital or hotel buildings) located in different parts of India.
- Leadership: Building, motivating and leading a team towards achieving stretch goals.
- Communication: Extremely effective oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- In-depth theoretical and hands-on knowledge of mechanical and electrical building systems, especially central air conditioning, hot water and steam systems.
- Experience with energy monitoring and control systems, with a good understanding of typical instrumentation in buildings (sensors, meters, controllers, networking, etc.).
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.