Why this job exists; and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organization.
Smart Joules is looking for a young finance professional to support our CFO in managing the financial growth of the company. The primary job will be to building and maintain solid financial models for critical top management, advisor and board meetings and regular reviews, and to ensure overall financial excellence across the company. This is at a time when the company is looking to diversify its financial sources including corporate equity, project equity, concessional non-dilutive capital, impact capital, etc. from local and international sources, so the person would get world-class exposure.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The expected end results must be achieved in order to fulfil the job purpose and the activities that help in achieving these results.
Will coordinate Smart Joules financial activities in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner under the following:
Budgeting of expenses for strategy making.
- Overseeing the Preparation & Planning of budgets.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist the management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction. • Contribute to financial audits.
Management & Financial Reporting
- Financial modelling for the projects we are venturing into
- Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
- Maintain Banking Relationships
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets and invoices.
- Regular follow-ups with the clients to track the status of the invoices.
- Managing and addressing the invoice processing related concerns of various stakeholders.
- Resolve financial disputes raised by the client service and sales teams.
- Create financial reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Investor Relations :
- Proactive liaisoning with the Board and investor groups
- Preparing necessary documents, presentations needed as part of investor relations.
- Involved in subsequent rounds of funding and provide support for the same.
- Due diligence for funding.
Data-driven predictive analysis
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of organizational products and services.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variance.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
Who (internal/external) does this position interact with on a regular basis to perform this role? How often and for what purpose?
|Establishing and developing relations with senior management.||Communicating with all the existing key investors.|
|Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO & CFO.||Maintaining relations & communicating with the external partners.|
|Maintaining relations & communicating with the stakeholders.|
|Trying to find new investors.|
2-4 years of experience in financial management.
Skills & Qualifications:
Minimum acceptable proficiency for this job.
|Non-Negotiables||Good to Have|
|CA, PGDM/MBA (Finance) from a reputed University.||Additional CMA, financial modelling, CPA certification.|
|Core/Technical Skills||• Experience dealing with debt funding for infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of corporate financial laws and risk management practices
|Strategic planning experience.|
|• Proficient in MS. Excel & PowerPoint. • Process Improvement
• Quality Management
• Corporate Finance
|Demonstrated creative and critical thinking
Must be up-to-date with recent happenings around the globe and various economic trends.
|• Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational and documentation skills.
• Sound judgement & decision-making skills.
|Strong communication & presentation skills.|
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.