Our Mission: To eliminate energy waste.
Our Vision: To prevent 29 million tons of CO2eq emissions before 2030 by making energy saving simple, substantial and profitable for large buildings and factories.
Our Core Values: Empower Each Team Member with a Sense of Ownership, Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit, Get Shit Done, Maintain a High Level of Transparency and Honesty, Be Passionate, Determined and Bold, Pursue Growth and Learning, Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-minded. Details here
Our Business Offerings:
JoulePAYS (Pay as you save): Guaranteed savings on utility energy consumption for large existing facilities through design, execution and management of profitable energy conservation measures. Smart Joules invests in all the upgrades and charges clients a share of the savings under long term contracts.
JouleCOOL: Comprehensive on-site utility business model applicable to new facilities, where Smart Joules offers cooling “as a service” by designing, building, owning, operating and maintaining the entire cooling infrastructure in return for monthly payments based on demand and usage.
JouleONE: Data-driven power quality optimization solutions for commercial and industrial customers in partnership with large electric utility companies.
DeJoule: IOT automation technology enabling data-driven continuous performance optimization and client delight. It continuously identifies and corrects for hidden inefficiencies in dynamic energy systems such as air conditioning and compressed air. It 1) collects data in real time from sensors and other many sources, 2) analyses real time and historical data using heuristic and machine learning algorithms to find hidden energy inefficiencies and optimum set points, and 3) continuously adjusts (controls) set points of various equipment to minimize energy use.
Role Vision and Responsibilities:
In this role you’ll own of one of several products, work with customers and internal stakeholders to develop a product vision and roadmap, execute with an engineering/design scrum team, and work with the Chief Product Officer and a growing product team.
- To own and evangelize the product vision, execute road map goals, and work cross functionally across the organization
- To collect and analyze data, feedback and viewpoints from the customers and other stakeholders for creating a strategic roadmap for successful product implementation and to identify new opportunities
- To write bold, detailed Product Requirements Documents, user stories, and acceptance criteria involving stakeholders, design, QA and engineering
- To guide your product towards the most valuable short- and long-term interventions, by implementing a system to confidently assess value, costs, and risks for the product.
- To exhibit product leadership, define and align strategies to the product.
- To collaborate with the Product development team to ensure that the Product features are being developed based on the product roadmap
- To manage all the phases of product ensuring both internal and external involvement and ensuring the deliverables are met efficiently and effectively.
- To liaise between internal and external environment and educate the team about market dynamics.
- Manage releases by communicating them via internal newsletters and meetings, supporting sales and marketing, conducting user trainings, and measuring success (usage, goal completion, success metrics)
- Preparing and executing the reporting and communication strategy including dashboards to key stakeholders on the Product
- To make intelligent use of data, define and track key usage metrics of your product
- Bring a user-centered approach to discovering customer insights, prioritizing features, testing hypotheses, and measuring success of the product.
Starting Location: Delhi
The Right Candidate Has:
- Hunger to make a positive contribution to the planet
- Courage to roll with the punches and keep going at it
- Optimism rubbing off on others in the organization
- Aggression to think big, move fast and make things happen. Have a strong can-do attitude, and still have the ability to say “no” by articulating trade-offs and road map priorities.
- Pays major attention to minor details
- Tenacity, reliability, perseverance, pursuit of quality. Be able to prioritize their own work, and focus on executing a particular task/project to completion under the pressure of having many diverse priorities on their task list at once.
- Ability to own and evangelize the product vision, execute on road map goals, and work cross functionally across the organization. Ability to translate a high-level strategy into concrete tasks. Have a strong can-do attitude, and still have the ability to say “no” by articulating trade-offs and road map priorities
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and be adept at working with different personality styles
- Tech in any field of Engineering with a good understanding of business
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Product Manager/ Product Owner is preferred
Possible Career Paths in this role
- Independently leading a product roadmap
- Lead a team
- Moving into Product Marketing
- You will report to the Chief Product Officer
About Smart Joules:
- 35% reduction on total energy consumption across all our clients till date, equivalent to the annual consmption of more than 6 Lakh avg. Indian households
- 86,000 metric tons of annual CO2-eq. emissions reduction from existing projects
- Saved more than INR 103 Crore worth of energy for our clients
Teams: 125+ people across Product Development, Design, Projects, Operations & Maintenance, Analytics, Automation lead by an MIT + UC Berkeley Alum, a Navy Veteran, a financial whizard, a product leader and people’s champion
Clients: Apollo, Fortis, CARE, KIMS, Aster, Amneal, LMW other leading companies
Geographical Presence: 25+ cities throughout India & 1 international partnership in Indonesia
Financial Supporters: Asian Development Bank, TATA Capital, Sangam Ventures, Max Industries, Intelleventures, Mr. Saket Burman (Dabur Family), Mr. Nadir Godrej and 5 angel investors
Major Recognitions: Champion of Change recognition from the Prime Minister’s Office & Niti Aayog, 10+ National Awards from Ministry of Power & CII, International Award from German Energy Ministry, Multiple international grants and fellowships, 35+ media coverages
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.