Senior IoT Software Developer
Smart Joules is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for businesses to eliminate wasted energy consumption. In a span of five years, we have saved 25 million kWh-equivalent of energy across the largest Hospital chains in India – Apollo, Fortis, Max, CARE, Aravind, KIMS and others, spanning fifteen cities.
Smart Joules’ product DeJoule is an IoT based Building Energy Management System. It has the potential to save more than 5,000 Crores worth of energy annually by optimizing energy use in central air conditioning systems, and much more by extending in future to hot water and steam systems.
Smart Joules is looking for an IoT Developer who will be responsible for designing, Developing, and maintaining the IoT software services and testing of services, modules, and systems to make sure maximum reliability.
Reporting: You will be report to the Head of Product.
What will you do:
- Write IoT software for embedded Linux platforms to control and operate building appliances
- Design and build reliable, scalable and secure software systems
- Work with the software backend team to develop APIs for interconnecting backend and IoT software applications
- Ensure reliable operation thousands of IoT devices deployed in the field
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur in those deployments
What we need in you:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Preferably in CS or IT) from a Tier-1 College
- Minimum 5+ years working on IoT technologies and embedded systems.
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- IoT Network Protocols (MQTT, HTTPS, Sockets, Websockets)
- Python and C
- Embedded Linux operating systems such as Raspbian and Armbian
- Linux SBCs such as Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone
- Microcontrollers such as STM32 and ESP32
- IoT Cloud services such as AWS IoT and Google IoT
- Unit testing frameworks such as Pytest and Google test
- Experience leading a small team of young engineers is a plus
- Prior startup experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.