Site Energy Engineer – Thermal
As a Thermal Site Energy Engineer you will be responsible for eliminating energy waste through execution of all of Smart Joules’ operations and maintenance related activities at site, including collecting site related information and sharing it with Design Team, Operations Team, Analytics Team and the BMS Team. You will also be responsible for maintaining good relations with the engineering and maintenance staff at our client sites at all levels. Thermal Site Energy Engineer will be assisted by Site Electricians depending on the size of the site, as needed. You will work directly under the supervision of GM of Engineering Services at the plant.
- 2-4 years of experience in operations and maintenance in thermal power plants. Very good understanding on various components/equipment in a thermal power generation system.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Some experience with operations and maintenance of central air conditioning systems
- Capable of making basic energy calculations.
- Basic computer skills (Web Search, Email, Word, Excel, Power Point) including document preparation.
- Communication: Must speak English or Hindi (preferably both) and the local language spoken at their site location.
- Imaging, piloting and spreading new ways to save energy and serve our clients in pursuit of our Mission and Vision.
- Proactively find opportunities to reduce energy wastage, carry-out the required measurements for evaluating the Energy Conservation Measures (ECM), evaluating the ECMs in collaboration with various SJPL teams
- Carry-out measurements as suggested by the design team, projects, product, operations team or analytics team to help evaluate the feasibility of new ECMs
- Help the design, BMS and project execution team in implementation of ECMs
- Relationship Management:
- Clients: Keeping client engineering and maintenance teams informed about the ECMs identified, analyzed and qualified by Smart Joules, through presentations, to build our brand value.
- Vendors and Subcontractors: Coordinating with vendors and contractors on site as needed to execute works.
- Collecting energy bills, accurate adjustment readings, and other information necessary for preparation of monthly reports, and sharing with Energy Managers on a timely basis.
- Submitting hard copies of Smart Joules’ invoices to the right people
- immediately when received.
- Keeping track of billing related queries and communicating progress related to billing on a real time basis to Energy Managers.
- Conducting daily rounds of the facility and maintaining a daily physical and electronic log of critical readings such as energy meter readings, water and steam flow meter readings, BTU meter readings, pressure readings, temperature and humidity levels, key equipment running hours, water quality parameters, complaints and resolutions, etc., and submitting daily report via email.
- Working closely with client engineering and maintenance teams to drive adoption of efficient operational practices as discussed with Smart Joules’ Operations Manager.
- Troubleshooting activities related to Smart Joules-owned equipment at the site, including chillers, pumps, drives, motors, lights, fans and building management system.
- Helping various SJPL stakeholders to conduct periodic assessments at our client sites to explore the possibility of implementing new ECMs, ensure our ECMs are performing as intended.
- Coordinate with the client to ensure the operational recommendations are adhered to. Troubleshoot any issues leading to non-adherence of the operational recommendations shared by SJPL.
- Stay updated about the ongoing major activities at site that may impact the consumption, efficiency, or wastage of energy in any equipment. Measure and document the parameters required to assess the impact of such activities or incidents.
- Management of awareness, training and action drives in coordination with all engineering departments.
- Executing all maintenance related works in coordination with Operations Managers, contractors, vendors and clients.
- Inspect operation of and document failure rate of various equipment of components like steam traps, PRVs, automated valves etc.
- Follow-up with client to expedite the maintenance activities required to be completed by the client.
- Manage warranties, AMCs, spares and inventories for each of our equipment at your site and coordinating with Operations Manager in case of any requirements.
- Managing and recording all site-related expenses, including maintenance and repairs.
- Collecting readings and updating the same periodically in physical and electronic registers.
- Preparing all site documentation as per Smart Joules’ standards.
- Regularly documenting success stories from the site with respect to operations and maintenance.
- Executing troubleshooting and regular maintenance activities to ensure optimal and snag-free DeJoule performance on site.
- Using DeJoule consistently and comprehensively to drive savings.
- Helping with execution of onboarding and training programs for clients.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.